Ok so first things first: SEE AVATAR! I saw it last night with Allyson in 3D and it was sooo good. Like amazing. Possibly my favorite movie. All trippy and everything is sooo gorgeoussss. And it definitely says some things about the world. Im absolutely buying this movie the second it comes out. It is the most expensive movie ever made (around $400 million)! But its sold sooo much already. Its done by the same guy who did titanic. Soo great- definitely recommend avatar to everyoneee!
So going back a couple days, Tuesday night, was real sweet time. alysson, elaina, Natalie, lelani, and I all went out together. We bought a Smirnoff bottle and a rum bottle (a new one wed never had from spain, really good) and pregamed in our hotel room. When we went out, our first stop was this sweet hookah bar. I think it might have been called ‘colores’ but im not sure if that’s the right one. We joined 2 other girls, Kayla and nikki. We got a hookah and some drinks (margarita for me- love it) and just chilled. It was a really cute place with good music and cool decorations and pillows.
Afterwards, we went to dubliners (not dingshlingers or whatever I had previously called it), the irish pub near puerta del sol. Yup, leave it to us to go to an irish pub in spain… but there were actually a ton of Spanish people there and I ended up talking with a couple guys in Spanish for awhile. Apparently, my Spanish improves greatly when im drunk. Im now seriously debating taking a couple shots before class… hmm.
Thennn, we wanted to go to a discoteca because we all felt like dancing. So we left with a group of like 15 people to go to the paradise, I think it was called. A bunch of the guys from the club and the street followed us there haha. I don’t know what happened, but elaina and I and 2 guys got totally separated from the rest of the group by a little and when we got to the club entrance, they weren’t there so after some debating cuz it cost 10 euros to get in when we had been promised it was free, we went in figuring they were in there. They weren’t, but we still had a bunch of fun, dancing and we got free drinks. There weren’t too many people in there cuz it was tuesday but that place definitely had potential. Elaina and I decided it was time to leave, and as I was going out, the 2 people at the front desk were pretending to take my bag or something like that, fooling around, and so naturally, I take their flowers from off the front desk. All of a sudden, the games are over real fast cuz they both almost pounce on me with anger.. I fucking ran my ass out of there afterwards. The guys walked us home, which wasn’t far. At our hotel front door, they wanted to come up and would not let elaina and I go and the hotel front desk people came outside and were pushing them away, haha awkward. I ended up sleeping in elainas room cuz my roommate was passed out cold in our room and we only get one key. Probably got back around 5:30/6 am. Don’t have a watch or phone yet.
Next morning, had an early meeting. I showed up a half hour late with my dress and high boots from last night… “don’t tell me youre doing a walk of shamee” haha.
Afterwards I forced myself to not go back to sleep cuz there was a bunch of shit I wanted to see and this was my last chance before we left Madrid. Plus, it was reall sunny. Soo I grabbed elaina with me and we set out to explore.
We went to plaza mayor which was really pretty. It’s a huge open plaza completely surrounded on all four sides by one building. Most might be offices but there were definitely apartments and restaurants all around. It was peaceful. There was a huge statue in the middle of a man on a horse and on some of the walls there were paintings of the gods that were really pretty. There were painters and music players on the side which I lovee. We walked around a little and before leaving plaza mayor, we bumped into the fattest spiderman ive ever seen. He was pretty hilarious and forced us to take pictures with him. We did 3 main poses: typical spiderman stance with the open hands, “flying to Massachusetts”, and “soo sexy.” Haha pretty hysterical doing those in the middle of the plaza with people around.
Next ,we went to plaza de espana which is right near the royal palace. There were pretty botanical gardens right next to the royal palace with fountains and pretty trees.. plaza de espana was pretty too with a bunch of trees and a statue of what I think might have been don quijote and some other guy. There was also a fountain there.
Then we set out for ‘el parque de buen retiro’ which I was most excited to see!! We walked back across the city to where the prado museum was (they are right next to each other). This park is absolutely enormous, we couldn’t see the whole thing. The second you walk in, its like another world with cool fountains, statues and sculptures, botanical gardens, cool trees, a huugee lake type thing, people playing music. It was veryy pretty. There is a ‘crystal palacio’ at one end but we couldn’t find it but im sure that gorgeous as well. I was taking a picture of a sweet tree when a runner starting stretching on it right in front of us, and we started laughing and the guy definitely thought we were taking close ups of him stretching or something. He glared at us until we decided to walk away laughing. We walked back through little streets and got back to our hotel just in time as people were already walking down the street to get the bus for our excursion. That was close.
Oh and the day before, when we were walking around, we actually a bunch of pickpocketers add a bunch of shit to their stash! There was a big cardboard box on the corner of one street and all of a sudden a bunch of people rushed it to add shit or something. I spotted a bra in there so that must have taken some maneuvering. Someone on our program already got their wallet stolen here.
No comments:
Post a Comment